Child Endangerment While Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Massachusetts DUI Laws criminalize operation of a motor vehicle if the operator is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and has as a passenger a child 14 years of age or younger. The general reference to "motor vehicle" is obviously considered to be a vehicle, but also includes other vehicles, such as a motorcycle or boat.
The penalties that may be imposed for violation of the crime of Child Endangerment While OUI / DUI Alcohol or Drugs are:
- 1st Offense: 90 days to 2.5 years imprisonment in the House of Corrections, with fines of $1,000 to $5,000. The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles will also suspend the person's license for 1 year.
- 2nd Offense: 3-5 years in state prison or 6 months to 2.5 years imprisonment in the House of Corrections; with fines of $5,000 to $10,000. The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles will also suspend the person's license for 3 years.
Particularly since the passing of harsher drunk driving laws in Massachusetts since "Melanie's Law", persons charged with any Massachusetts DUI / OUI or Related Crimes should immediately Consult with a Boston DUI / OUI Lawyer.
Attorney Lefteris K. Travayiakis is available 24/7 for consultation, and can be contacted by Clicking Here for a Free Consultation or at 617-325-9500.
- Massachusetts Woman Arrested for OUI and Child Endangerment A Milford, Massachusetts woman was arrested for Massachusetts Drunk Driving Charges when her minivan crashed into a quarry in Milford with her three
- Father Charged with Child Endangerment in Hingham OUI A man from South Yarmouth was charged with Massachusetts Drunk Driving Charges following a crash in Hingham, including Operating Under the Influence
- Stoneham Man Arrested for DUI and Child Endangerment on Mass Pike A Stoneham was arrested for Massachusetts Drunk Driving Violations on the Massachusetts Turnpike with his two children in the vehicle. The defendant